Saturday, December 7, 2013

Reflections

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

LiveBinders, Animoto, and Edmodo were probably my top three favorites.  The first and the last being applications I will definitely use within the classroom, and Animoto being just a really neat application that I hope to find more uses for.

How has this program affected your lifelong learning goals?

It has definitely inspired me to keep up with the new applications, tools, and technology the ever changing Web provides. 

Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

I have found out that my beloved Google Docs did not actually disappear after I left college, it's just now in the form of Google Drive.  And I really like my new "Delicious" bookmarking tool rather than the bookmarks that are stuck within one browser.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

Maybe instead of working through all of these 23 things, pick 12 or so to work through.  Many of these I was already familiar with, but about half I was not and did learn an extensive amount of new information.

How will what you have learned influence your practice as a teacher?

I will likely use the Web and the tools discovered here within a classroom and use technology much more than I otherwise would have.

How do you plan to keep up with new developments in web 2.0? Recommend a way that you have found to be useful.

RSS feeds!  It's amazing. I now know what that stands for too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment